Quotes, Awards, and other Nonsense
"Central NY's very own Bob Dylan"
-Mark Sisti, the Scene
"the finest songwriter in CNY... One of the areas true treasures"
"A palette of incredible songwriting. J. Schnitt just keeps writing and putting out amazing records"
-Mohawk Valley Living
"The man is one of the most profound and prolific songwriters of our generation..."
- Mike Kohli, Rockin' the Suburbs Podcast. Owner Copper City Brewing.
"A collection of songs that serve as both survival guide and coping mechanism, giving the listener much needed comic relief, inspiration to take a stand, and ultimately, reasons to find hope in these strange and troubling times."
-Garret Ingraham, Tramontane Cafe, poet
"Prolific, multi-faceted songwriter that floors his audiences with subtle, startling, and often stark phrasing, alternately mixing straightforward honesty with abstract imagery and complex interpretations. An enigmatic performer who's songwriting prowess and unique stage presence cannot be missed."
"Near flawless alternative folk-rock anthems that sounds like a greatest hits compilation"
"A kindred spirit and hell of a songwriter"
- Unity Hall Songwriting Contest - 1st Place
- 3 time SAMMY Award Nominee
- International Songwriting Competition Excellence in Songwriting
- Song of the Year Finalist
- 2 time Unsigned Only Finalist
- Nelson Odeon Songwriters Round Featured Performer
- The Clown and Bard (Prague, CZ) Songwriter Series Featured Performer
- Indigo Blue Songwriting Contest Finalist